End-user Installation (Signatures Add-in)
The Hosted Exchange Add-in must be downloaded to yours clients PC’s in order for the Email Signature feature to work. We would advise following the below instructions after you have set-up the Email Signature within your Cloud Platform. However, signatures can be updated anytime, as detailed below.
1. Select the correct add-in setup file link for your clients version of Outlook. You can find the add-in links on the homepage of your clients Cloud Platform management portal (to the right hand side of the screen, under the ‘Outlook’ download links). When selected, the add-in download will begin.
PLEASE NOTE: The 32Bit/64Bit options refers to the version of Outlook that is installed and not the operating system.
2. Upon running the setup, depending on your Operating System, you will be presented with 1 or 2 prerequisites that require downloading before installing the Add-in. Both of these will require Administrator privileges to install.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Full – This will come as standard on Windows 8 and upwards so only earlier versions of Windows will require this, if not already installed. For more information please visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30653 .
- Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime – If a full version of Microsoft Office has been installed this will not require installing. It allows Office Add-ins created with the VSTO platform to run. For more information please visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/download/details.aspx?id=48217 .
Depending on your Operating System on or both of these prerequisites will require a restart. After restarting the installer will pick up from where it left off.
3. Once the prerequisites have been installed (if required) the Hosted Exchange Add-in will be begin installation. Click ‘Next’ to continue.
4. In order to continue installation accept the license agreement and click ‘Next’.
5. You will then be presented with an option to install the Add-in for “Anyone who uses this computer” (all users) or “Only for me”(current user). To install for all users will require Administrator privileges as indicated by the shield symbol.
Clicking ‘Next’ will install the Add-in. If ‘Only for me’ is selected you may notice a window pop-up and disappear very quickly – this is a normal part of the installation process.
6. Once the installation has finished click ‘Finish’.
The next time Outlook is opened the latest signatures for any Hosted Exchange mailbox in Outlook will be downloaded. If this is the first time a signature has been downloaded a prompt will show indicating that a restart of Outlook is required in order to apply the new signature.
If an update for the add-in is available a new group will appear on the ‘Home’ ribbon in Outlook, with a button to download the latest installer. Run this file to install the latest version of the Hosted Exchange Add-in.