Last updated: 19th May 2020.
Hightrees Organisation Limited, has made information security and data privacy, core principles of every step we take when dealing with data.
Our core business services include, but are not limited to:
- Web hosting
- Email hosting
- Domain registration
- WordPress support and management
- Technical Support
- VoIP Telephony
- IT Consultancy
- Backup Solutions
So what is Personal Data ?
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual.
When different pieces of information are collected together, this could lead to an individual being identified, which would also constitute personal data in our opinion.
Personal data is subject to the protection requirements as outlined by GDPR.
Some examples of data that are considered personal data are :
- a name and surname
- a home address
- an identifiable “name based” email address such as email@example.com
- an identification card number
- an IP address
- a cookie ID
Examples of data not considered as personal data:
- a company registration number as this relates to a Business/Organisation not an individual
- a generic email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org
This Privacy Notice is to help you understand and explain what Personal Data we might collect, why we collect it, and what we do with it. It also describes the choices available to you with regard to the use of your Personal Data and how you can access and update this information.
To try and simplify this, Hightrees Organisation limited has broken this down as the following
- individuals/businesses visitors to our website – “Visitor”
- the individuals/businesses that purchase or use our services – “Customer”
- individuals/businesses that register with our website or for our services – “User”.
We have adopted the following principles to govern use, collection, and transfering of Personal Data, (unless specifically outlined in this Policy or as required/overwritten by applicable laws/regulations.)
- Personal data will only be processed fairly and lawfully
- We do not collect any more personal data than is necessary to provide the services that you require.
- We only use your personal data for the purposes we specify in this Privacy Notice, unless you agree or have notified us otherwise
- We do not keep your personal information if it is no longer needed
- We do not sell, distribute or share your personal information with third parties
- You can have your data updated at any time
- You can remove your data at any time
- You can request a copy of the data we store on you at any time
- Personal data is securely stored and managed
It should be noted that whilst and IP address may not be submitted by you directly, this information will be stored in logs by email servers, web servers, VoIP Servers etcs for logging, monitoring and security purposes. These logs are rotated and deleted on a regular basis. IP addresses are only stored for longer periods of time where abuse of a service has taken place and is used by security software to restrict or block access.
How We Collect Information
We collect and maintain information about our Customers and Users, which may include:
- First and last name
- Postal address
- Contact telephone numbers
- Website URL
- E-mail address
In order to communicate with us or to use our services, you may be asked to provide certain personal data in the following ways:
- By filling in forms (i.e. a “Contact Us” form) on our website or any similar platform where Hightrees Organisation Limited may be conducting business
- Contacting us via “offline” methods i.e. by telephone, text/SMS, email or post.
- By downloading or accessing our services that we provide.
- By subscribing to our newsletters, taking part in surveys, entering any competitions or prize draws run by Hightrees Organisation Limited or similar communications.
- Interacting with us when using social media platforms, I.e Facebook, Twitter etc.
- By corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise using our contact details
The personal data you would typically supply to Hightrees Organisation Limited could include name and email address, and any personal details required to resolve any queires or complaints. Any information gathered from you, as previously mentioned, may be transferred to our internal systems in order to provide a service or follow up on an enquiry.
This data is only used byHightrees Organisation Limited to provide our services efficiently as per your request/query.
This information is not sold or distributed, in any way, to third party providers.
Support and Service
When Customers or Users contact us for support or other “service” requests, we will keep records related to the requests, including any information provided by Customers or Users related to such support or service requests.
How does Hightrees Organisation Limited use your personal data ?
We use personal data provided by you to provide the services and for business purposes such as processing and fulfilling orders, marketing, and for other general business purposes.
Your personal data, will never be made available to any third parties for the purposes of marketing or targeting you, only for provisioning any services that you have requested Hightrees Organisation Limited supply to you.
We will not sell, rent, or exchange your personal data with any third-parties. If this changes in the future, Hightrees Organisation Limited would never do so without your express and explicit permission.
We will use your personal data to :
- Conduct and develop our business with you
- Operate, maintain, improve and develop the websites and services (including by monitoring and analyzing trends, access to, and use of the websites for advertising and marketing)
- Carry out statistical analysis and benchmarking (i.e. Google Analytics for sites pages tracking), provided that in such circumstances it is on an aggregated basis which will not be linked back to you or anyone else
- Engage and help keep you informed bout our services we offer
- Provide documentation or communications which you have requested or are applicable to services you have
- Assist/resolve your queries or complaints that you have submitted to Hightrees Organisation Limited
- Supply you with the services you have requested/purchased.
- Send you marketing communications ort technical updates, where it is lawful for us to do so
Protecting Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data is private and confidential and as such should be stored securely – this applies to both Hightrees Organisation Limited and you, the client.
Hightrees Organisation Limited recommend that you use a strong and unique password for the accounts or services that you have with us and recommend that any passwords used are not associated with other online services.. You should check your account(s) on a regular basis to ensure that your Personal Data has not been tampered with or altered.
Any suspicious activity regarding your account, including automated messages from parties you cannot identify, should be reported to Hightrees Organisation Limited as soon as possible, using the contact methods below.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
However it should be noted that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and as such, Hightrees Organisation Limited cannot 100% guarantee absolute security.
However, we have implemented,or are adopting,measures to help ensure that your personal data is protected. These measures include the prevention of alterating data, ,damage or loss, unauthorised access, and the risks to which data is exposed when it is held by us.
Our use of 3rd Services.
Hightrees Organisation Limited use various 3rd party services for the collection, management and processing of our data.
Our commitment to data protection and information privacy demands the use of 3rd party services that are also committed to the same end.
All our 3rd party services are GDPR compliant and will themselves have their own applicable privacy policies.
All such 3rd parties in use currently are listed, and will be updated as and when circumstances change.
Marketing and Newsletters
Where lawful to do so, and subject to your consent, Hightrees Organisation Limited may communicate with you about the services we offer. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving these kind of communications, you may do so at any time. At the current time, we only use newsletter style marketing on an irregulary basisi.
We do make use of MailChimp to contact all clients regarding business related events. Examples of this style of communication include: downtime, legal requirements, security issues etc.
Although these can be unsubscribed to, these communications may contain important account or service information. Where possible we try to publish this information on our website and via our Social Media channels.
External Links to websites
Hightrees Organisation can not take responsibility for any interaction you have with 3rd parties or services that are not directly our own/or under our control.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Please see our Cookies Policy Page
Your Rights Under the Personal Data Protection Laws
As our Customer or User, you have the right to:
- Be informed about the processing of your personal data
- Object or restrict to processing of your personal data
- Ask for a copy of the information about the data we store on you at any time.
- Correct, update, amend, or remove personal data. If you no longer want to use our services, you may request it to be deactivated at any time.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
- The right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/. You can also contact us using the details below.
Your Responsibilities Under the Personal Data Protection Laws
It is important to note that you also have responsibilities when it comes to Data Protection.
One such important case is where you may request from us a copy of the information about the data we store. We are obliged to ensure that the request is legitimate and does in-fact originate from you.
In this regard, we will undertake steps in an attempt to verify the legitimacy of the request, before releasing such information. If you do not cooperate in this, or we cannot verify your identity, we may not release such information in a timely manner. To act otherwise could represent a significant breach of privacy. As such, we request your full cooperation in this regard – any requests on our part to verify your request will be undertaken solely to protect against breach of your personal information.
Your consent to process personal data by Hightrees Organisation Limited can be withdrawn at any time by contacting us using the details below. Please note this may have an effect on any services we supply to you.
Automated Decision Making
Hightrees Organisation does not undertake any auomtated decision making processes at this point in time.
Data Retention Period
Data Retention Period is the period for which the personal data will be stored, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period.
Hightrees Organisation will hold your personal information based on the following guidelines:
- for as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- for as long as we provide services to you
- retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or best practise style guidance
If none of these criteria apply, we commit to purging any Personal Data no later than 24 months following your latest interaction/exchange with our services.
We are required by law to be able to report financial information for up to 7 years. As such, Hightrees Organisation Limted must retain any pertinent information of these transaction. We do not have any choice to but to refuse any requests to remove this type of information from our records as they are required by law.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this Privacy Notice for changes whenever you visit our websites.
Our Data Protection Officer
We have Data Protection Officer you can reach any time by using the details below.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or complaints about how we process your Personal Data and you want to contact our Data Protection Officer, you can do that by going to the Contact Us section of our websites or call 01264 532024 or email email@example.com
We will try to resolve your query soon as reasonably possible.